Thursday, May 03, 2007

Why Did the Turtle Cross 896?

Now it's time for my animal story...

When I was making my u-turn on US-896 (a 4-lane highway), I saw a turtle in the middle of the inner lane. I missed him, and the car behind me missed him, but I'm not sure after that. I thought about helping him across, but I thought I' probably cause a worse traffic accident and I wasn't sure how skittish I'd be with a turtle I don't know. Poor turtle. I hope someone was able to help him.

And, to answer the above question, I don't know. I worry the answer is that the turtle had a death wish.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the turtle is anything like other southbound I-95 drivers to Bal'more, he was probably trying to avoid the toll at the border.

Anonymous said...

Why not to stop for turtles:

My brother's friend totaled a car (which used to be my car, but that's another story) stopping for a turtle. He stopped successfully, but the guy behind him slammed into him and pushed him forward... onto the turtle. No more turtle, and no more car that used to be my car. Sad day.

The moral of this story is: spare the turtle, spoil the car.