Monday, May 07, 2007

My Hero! (in progress)

I'm working on a new superhero character. She's loosely based on my superhero talent. I render men defenseless by spritzing them with women's fragrance. Have you ever had a guy complain about the body washes available in your shower? ("Don't have any regular soap?" "Nope, just 'Love Spell' and 'Pretty in Pink'... Oh, wait, I just found some 'Exotic Coconut'.") Or, a guy run when you spritz on your body spray, in case some of the cloud would touch him? Or, someone cringes when they catch a whiff of your wallet that accidentally got doused with 'Moonlit Path' when your bottle spilled? (No on the last one?) It's a great power.

I'm tentatively calling my superhero character "Victoria Bodyworks". We'll see how that plays with various demographics.

I imagine various scenarios where I fight bad guys, and they say, "Egads! Not the 'Whispering Mist'!" "The floral scents! They're too powerful! Must return to the Hall of Evil to clear my sinuses!"

Of course, Victoria Bodyworks would need something to fight to counter the women archnemeses as well. The only weapon I have come up with so far is a combination of fragrances. "No, not 'Cucumber Melon' and 'Sweet Temptation'!"

I wonder if the author of those Swedish Comics is available for drawing life into my creation...

No comments: