Thursday, May 24, 2007

My Super Powers

My super powers only seem to work when no one is around. This problem started when I was a kid. I remember when I was about 6, I could move the moon and my cousin Amy (7) could move the sun. I totally believed I could move the moon, and I saw the moon move. Then, a neighbor kid stopped by, and I tried to demonstrate, and I was shocked that it didn't work. I think my cousin Amy knew that we didn't have super powers, but I had to contemplate why my super powers weren't working.

More recently, I have bragged to Frank about my ability to call my cat. When I call for Sydney from another room, she comes running in to the room I'm in. She does not come obediently when Frank is around. Again, my super powers do not work for other people to witness. It seems that my superhero alter ego will never be revealed, and I can continue saving the world without worry.

1 comment:

Patrick Reynolds said...

Your super powers suck. I'd rank them somewhere between The Spleen and Aquaman. :)