Friday, February 16, 2007

A Square Under 'I', Please

Mom and Dad have been cat-sitting for me while I've been traveling the world--er, PA and NY. Sydney does enjoy her vacation home, which is much larger than the apartment we share. She also likes all the new enemies--plastic bags, hanging strings, Mom and Dad. Sydney has attacked Mom and Dad, on separate occasions, Godzilla-style. Another time, as Dad walked up the stairs in our split-level house, he dragged his hand along the paneling while Syd was on the next set of stairs. Sydney reached down to bat at his hand. He told her that they weren't playing that game right then.

Then, Mom reports, "Despite what Syd may have told you, I did not deliberately drop the book on her head when she was sitting on my lap. My fingers just gave out. However she did feel it necessary to severely chastise the plastic bag that was near her cat food. And I do mean severely."

My comment: Sydney is always ready for a fight. She might be part Irish. I may need to add that part of her persona into her name (Sydney Evander).

P.S. If you don't get the title, I don't want to explain it to you.

No comments: