Thursday, February 22, 2007

My Band

At the gym, they show MTV-U. MTV-U donated the large, flat-screen TVs. There was a story about the Fratellis--you may recognize their song "Flathead" from the recent iPod commercials:

and she said the boy's not right in the head
and you stood and said oh my god til she said...
bara bap bara ra ra ra bara bap bara ra ra ra...

They seem like a fun Scottish band. When they introduced themselves, each said that they were the drummer or "the third drummer". And, MTV-U had to put subtitles in for Ami's like me, who can't understand their accents.

There is some speculation that the band's name comes from the bad guys in The Goonies. (I really didn't like that movie, but that's what I get for watching it for the first time when I was in college.) But, in this interview, the bassist said that his last name is Fratelli. The other two's last names were Mac[Something] (typical Scotsmen), and The Fratellis was the best band name. The other two bandmates took his last name as pseudonyms.

If I was in a band, the band would have to be The Sprenkles because I have the best last name--ever. I'm sure Frank would push for The Zappaterrinis, but people would think we had some connection to Frank Zappa. I guess the Killgroves may be in contention, but I like mine better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.