Friday, February 02, 2007

I like this quote

When The Gettysburgian would create our April Fool's issue, we'd make up stories and sometimes have quotes that had stuff in brackets. We thought this was funny because you never knew what the person actually saying that had to be replaced by bracketed text. I recently read a story with a quote that I thought might be from our April Fool's issue.

"You will always make more [money] from [selling vulnerabilities or malicious code to] bad guys than from a company like 3Com," says eEye Digital Security co-founder Mark Maiffret.

1 comment:

Marc Maiffret said...

I am not sure why they put money in ['s because I actually did say money :-) But hey they even spelt my name wrong so who knows.

But I believe if memory serves me right teh quote was... "You will always make more money selling exploits and vulnerabilities to bad guys than you would from a company like 3Com"

I think worse than people putting brackets within your quotes is when people quote you without putting quotes around comments that are suppose to be from you. That is leaves for a lot more cleverness in reporting! :-)

Signed,
Marc Maiffret