Friday, February 16, 2007

Baby Kitty Eva is Growing Up

This blog entry is courtesy of Jessie:

I just found something on the couch. At first I thought it was a crumb, but it was hard. Upon closer inspection I realized it was a tooth. I remember the vet asking me if Eva had lost her baby teeth. That's something you don't always notice. This seems to be proof, however, that she has lost at least a few teeth. I tried prying her mouth open, but she was resistent. She'll have to put her tooth under her pillow tonight and see if the tooth fairy comes. I doubt it.

Last night in class one of my students was saying that she got some teeth pulled. She was disgusted because the dentist asked her if she wanted to have them. I said that she could put them under her pillow for the tooth fairy. Maybe she would get a quarter. My students gave me some very strange looks. Turns out, they don't have the tooth fairy here. My comment: It must really suck growing up in Germany.

1 comment:

Kristina Killgrove said...

I remember when our cats lost their baby teeth. It kind of freaked me out at first too, but it makes sense.