Saturday, November 25, 2006

UD Game

On November 18, I attended the last University of Delaware game of the season; the game was probably the last while I'm a student. (Keep your fingers crossed!) The Blue Hens played the Villanova wildcats. It was hard to cheer against Villanova--whose colors and mascot match Dallastown's (my highschool). The Blue Hens lost, 28-27, after jumping out to an early 20-0 lead.

I took lots of pictures at the game. Frank and I sat at about the 10 yard line on the away side of the stadium. The Villanova mascot and cheerleaders were below us:


When I tried to take another photo of the wildcat hoisted on the cheerleaders' shoulders, some jerk stood up in front of me and blocked my shot:


I noticed that everyone around me was standing a cheering--because Delaware had just scored in the end zone. I sat there, laughing at what my obsession with mascots had lead me to, while everyone else cheered for their team.

No comments: