Friday, November 24, 2006

Another Problem with the Laptop

I was playing one of my dad's cds in my laptop, when all of a sudden, the disk drive stopped spinning (it was loud) and iTunes wouldn't respond. So, I `force quit` iTunes and then ended up needing to restart because iTunes wouldn't quit completely. When I restarted, the cd wasn't showing up on my Desktop. It didn't show up in iTunes either. I couldn't eject the cd. I tried restarting and holding down the trackpad, which should eject the disk, and I tried running firmware and saying 'eject disk'; those didn't work either. I looked at my System Profiler, and it says that I have no Disk Burning device. That's baaaad. I'm doing some more searches, but I'm afraid that the next 9 months will be a series of mishaps that will render my laptop completely unusable. Remind me to back up all of my data...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my optical drive died on my original PB.
that was strike #3 - they replaced it with a new machine.