Friday, November 03, 2006

No Filter

The other night in the lab, I said, "There's a cricket on the floor!" It was late, and I was tired, and I didn't have time to check before I blurted it out. It was just some mulch, but I thought I had seen it move. Emily was worried and asked me how I was doing. I was fine but embarrassed.

It made me think of other times that I didn't make use of the filter between my brain and my mouth.

There was the time in the lab--shortly after I started working with Frank--and I declared, "There's something in my pants!" It turned out that somehow I had a size sticker inside my pants leg. I was pretty embarrassed that time, and I ended up drooling on the floor. Awesome.

Then, there was the time at my desk in my biology class during my sophomore year when I asked, "Am I on fire?" My leg was feeling very hot, and, since I was in a science lab, I thought it may be a possibility. My deskmate Quin gave me a very hard time about it. He seemed to think that being on fire should not have been my first guess. I have more Quin stories, but I think I'll save them for later.

No comments: