Tuesday, October 24, 2006

How I Spent My Birthday

Thank you for the happy birthday wishes!

I had a nice, quiet birthday. I had lots of little celebrations Saturday through Wednesday, which may be why I feel like I almost missed my birthday. I'm just being ungrateful, but I kind of wanted something a bit bigger.

I went to visit Frank. I met him at his brother and April's house, and then we went to Frank's work. His two-year-old niece Ava was very happy to see me. When Frank told her that we had to go to work, she suggested that he go to work and I stay. (Frank's feelings were a little hurt, but, let's face it, I am fun.)

Ava especially liked my striped purple shirt (from my "real web page"'s front-page). She pointed out, "Sara has colors. Sara has stripes." She also noticed, "Sara has a clock on her arm." She would follow me around and repeat what I said. (Had to watch my language.) Frank gave me a card with a cat and fish on the front (like Syd and her short-lived pet Mario) and wrote a message inside. Ava asked me to read to her about the cat and the fish.

I brought Ava a stuffed hippo from Madagascar. She was a little scared of it, so that didn't go over well. I then flooded the bathroom, which Frank and April cleaned up while I read to April. Then, it was time to go to work. So, in a short period of time, I terrified Ava, flooded the bathroom, and then said, "Smell you later!" Give me a break, it was my birthday!

No comments: