Monday, March 19, 2007

My BIG News

Today, I formally accepted an offer from Washington & Lee University to be an assistant professor of computer science! I formally start July 1, but I probably won't move until the middle of July. It was months of hard work, but it finally paid off! Now, I just need to focus on completing my dissertation!

Some important information about W&L:

  • Mascot: Generals
  • School Colors: Royal Blue, White


W&L will be my fifth school (Dallastown, Gettysburg, Duke, UD, and W&L), the 5th time with dark blue as the school color, and the third time with dark blue and white. That's awesome.

Mom wasn't as thrilled: "I was totally bummed that your colors are not teal and eggplant or mint green and silver. But---" She cracks me up.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

congrats prof sprenks!!