Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Germans Pick Their Favorite Episodes of The Simpsons

Jessie reports from Germany:

10. Marge and Homer and the fear of getting caught

9. The Simpsons go to Japan (I had never seen that one before, but I don't think it would make it into my top ten)

8. The Bushes move in to Evergreen Terrace

7. Homer the restaurant critic (again, I hadn't seen that one, but it wasn't my favorite)

6. The Screamerpillar/Frame Up with Carmen Electra

5. Springfield allows gay marriage

4. Homer goes to rock n roll camp

3. Simpsons go to New York (because Barney left their car there)

2. Mr. Burns is an alien (guest appearances by David Dukovny and Gillian Anderson)

1. Homer joins the Navy




The Sprenkles would disagree with this list. On Dad's and Jessie's list would be Homer gets a gun. On my list would be the episode in the future where Lisa almost marries the Brit and where the kids figure out that Sideshow Bob framed Krusty.

What can I say, Germans haven't been known for their taste in pop culture. Remember: they love David Hasselhoff.

No comments: