Monday, December 04, 2006

My Rough Day

You know you've had a rough day when you can't decide what the dumbest thing you did today was--and one of those things was scalding your hand.

Honorable mention for dumbest thing: put a student's grade sheet on the lid to my salad, which had salad dressing on it. That was easy to correct.

This morning, I heated up my some water in the microwave. The cup I use is pretty tall, so it's kind of close putting it into the microwave. It's even tougher getting out. I ended up spilling a lot of water on my hand and my hand has a pink tint to it now--especially between my fingers. I put cold water on my hand immediately, and I keep putting cold compresses on it.

Tonight, on the way home, I was waiting to turn left. The traffic light on the road that I wanted to turn onto changed. Someone stopped short, and the car behind them squealed and blew their horn. After my light turned green, I started to make my left turn and looked over at the near accident. I'm not very familiar with that intersection, and I started to turn before the median and into oncoming traffic (which was still far away). Luckily, no one was behind me, so I was able to turn around and go around the other side of the median.

No comments: