Tuesday, February 12, 2008

2nd time at a voting booth

I think today was just my second time at a voting booth. (That's different than only voting for a second time. I have done the absentee ballots.) The last time I was in a voting booth was for some local elections in Dtown, I think. Maybe it was also a primary. I was home from Gettysburg and it was a warm day. Is that enough clues to figure it out?

The voting machine was a touch screen! It was pretty fast because I was only voting for the Democratic primary. I considered voting for Kucinich, even though he's no longer in the race, because I believe in most of what he stands for. (Insert short joke here?) But, I don't need to throw my vote away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pennsylvania's presidential primary is in late April, which might be warm but would also be a couple weeks before Gettysburg's classes end. So maybe it was a local election or a state primary. Hooray for you if you vote in state and local elections. :)

Bah on Lexington for using touchscreens. (Bah on Charlottesville, too, same reason.) Was there at least a paper trail?

SS said...

Hey, I already left a comment to this.

Nope, no paper receipt.

I think the PA election was a small one. I think there was only one election I wanted to vote for. So, I just voted a straight Democratic ticket.