Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sliding Tackle

Today, ultimate was not very fun. People were snippy and the play wasn't great. When I was trying to catch a throw, Peter was guarding me closely to my left, but the disc was going right. We started heading right, but I heard someone coming at me to the right, so I stopped and braced myself. Ben, my ex-boyfriend who happens to hate me, knocked me over with a sliding tackle. He didn't apologize but instead said, "The disc was already past her." Maybe he couldn't have stopped himself, but the fact that he didn't apologize and that he admits that he wasn't going after the disc (because the disc was past me) is really bugging me. My team lost possession, and the other team eventually scored.

I'm sure that was a foul. I checked the rules:

Reckless disregard for the safety of fellow players or other dangerously aggressive behavior (such as significantly colliding into a stationary opponent), regardless of whether or when the disc arrives or when contact occurs is considered dangerous play and is treated as a foul. This rule is not superseded by any other rule.


I don't know if he did it on purpose. Earlier in the game, I told him to be careful about travelling (picking up the pivot foot). I'm sure he was mad about that because he hates when I talk to him. We had had a spat earlier in the week about lab machines. Anyway, I'm not confident that he wasn't retaliating.

Sorry, but, periodically, I need to use the blog to rant.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

this is the un-sprenkliest post ever!