Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Evolving Relationship

You'd think after being together for 2.5 years, Sydney's and my relationship would get stale. You don't know Sydney. She keeps changing and does different things to keep our relationship fresh. One of her recent new things is spending time with me in the bathroom. She loves to sit on the bathroom counter while I brush my teeth. Sometimes, her tail flops into the sink, into the toothpaste spit, which would leave her fur a little white and crusty. I saw her cleaning it up later, and she seemed a little disgusted by the minty taste. But, her breath smelled a little better.

And, since she is a cat, Sydney has started to bawl outside the bathroom while I'm in the shower. I don't know if she bawls the whole time or just after the shower ends. Mostly, I think she doesn't like being on the other side of the door. She sometimes has that problem with the front and back doors. She wants to be on the other side. But, after she gets there and the door is closed, she wants to return.

We're a little staticky today, now that it's colder and drier. She is flopping her tail and shocking me when it taps me.

1 comment:

Kristina Killgrove said...

She likes the minty flavor because mint is related to catnip. At least, that's why I assume Sweetie likes to sniff my mouth after I've brushed my teeth.