Sunday, January 18, 2009

Stories of My Life that I Didn't Know Happened

I talked to Andy yesterday, and he reminisced about the time Philip Rivers (now of the San Diego Chargers) was next to us at a Better Than Ezra concert. I asked him to repeat this a couple of times because it didn't sound familiar.

Andy: "Don't you remember those two tall guys near us?" Nooo, I do remember someone with a cigarette that I had to dodge to not get burnt. Me: "Why was Philip Rivers there?" Andy: "He played for NC State." Me: "He played for NC State?" Andy: "Argh!" or something along those lines. He was pretty frustrated (rightfully so).

Andy and I can't figure out when we attended the concert. Somewhere around 2001, maybe. It was after BTE released the album Closer, which is my favorite BTE album. BTE played some songs from that album. I was impressed because the crowd sang along with the new stuff, which meant that they were real BTE fans.

So, that is pretty cool. I wish I remembered it happening. I wonder if I remembered this as being a significant event around the time it happened.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shudder to think of what a fake BTE fan must be like.

Anonymous said...

Also, Nilam frequently boasts about seeing Tyler Hansbrough around town even though each time I had to point him out, explain who he was, and occasionally describe what basketball is.

SS said...

heeheeheehee.

Girls are so dumb.