Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Long Line of Gaggers

Family "secrets" come out around Christmas. Siblings get together and talk, and the younger generation learns things they did not know. Some things I knew already but it's fun: my Great-Grandpa Sprenkle had three women to choose from when he married my Great-Grandma Sprenkle. How did he narrow the list to three? Those were the only three women that he had impregnated.

I also learned that my very tough Aunt Cinny and my Great Aunt Norma also have quick gag reflexes. Norma's husband Bob had to come home at lunch to change their daughter's diapers. Not just the dirty ones, also the wet ones. Norma said, "People always said it would be different with your children, but that's not true." I knew it!

Norma is proud to hear that I carry on that tradition: gagging even when people just tell stories with too many details. Glad I make someone proud.

3 comments:

Kristina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristina Killgrove said...

Uh oh. I've always had a pretty sensitive gag reflex, and it's gotten worse during pregnancy. People tell me too that it's different when it's your own child, but maybe someone will have to change all the diapers in a few months. ;)

SS said...

But, how will you teach Pelosus (you know who I mean) to change diapers?