Wednesday, November 07, 2007

In Sweden

I'm in Sweden! I had a long layover in Heathrow Airport-my first time to England!

The trip was ever-so-exciting because on the plane I ran into Jason D, who graduated from Gettysburg a year ahead of me. It was one of those times where I kind of hovered for a little while as I walked back the airplane and then I tried, "Jason?" When he turned and looked, then I knew it was Jason. I love when those chance things happen. That's why I keep my eyes open for such opportunities.

So far, Jessie and I have mostly just done a lot of riding the bus. She made fun of me when I said, "I don't know where we are with respect to Sweden." She said, "In it. That's where we are." Turns out, we're in Southern Sweden (in Trollhattan), if you're wondering.

We ate at a nice little restaurant around the corner. We also found a candy/video store that had salted licorice and pastel Swedish fish.

We're watching a little Swedish TV. What's up with all the cooking shows? (hahahahahaha)

1 comment:

Kristina Killgrove said...

Ooh ooh ooh! Go to Lund! That's where I spent a day to get away from Denmark. Heck, go to Copenhagen too. It's like vacationing in IKEA!