Saturday, September 22, 2007

My Weakness

It was revealed tonight at the bar that I am a little jumpy at scary movies, so I should not go to next week's feature Pan's Labyrinth. While I should have seen this coming, I thought Jamey was changing the topic when he asked Paul what beer he was drinking. Paul answered, "Yingling", which made Jamey squeal and me to jump. Frank, who was sitting between us, jumped as well as a side effect of my jumping and Jamey's scream. All at the table cracked up, while I laughed so hard I cried. (Or, was I that ashamed and embarrassed?)

Jamey screamed awhile later. I was prepared that time, so I didn't jump nearly as much.

I remember a doctor being surprised at how much my leg reacted (my reflexes) when he hit my knee.

Jamey would like me to participate in some experiment to monitor my heart when such a thing happens. (His research involves heart monitoring of some sort.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yingling -> Yuengling.

If it wasn't from PA and wasn't beer, I wouldn't care.

Anonymous said...

it could have been worse - you could have peed yourself.

SS said...

Paul commented that I did pee myself, and Frank was worried that it actually happened. Luckily, my bladder is a little stronger than that.